Almost golfers suffer from not being able to hit either their drivers or irons correctly at all, causing slices and other problems with their swing. Some have a tendency to blame such as: the slope, the weather, too much overtime affecting their game, or that they’re just warming up. One thing that golfers disregard is the fact that basic motions are always the best way to go.
Golfers everywhere try to replicate the “perfect” golf swing to improve their game in leaps and bounds, making shots easy and very professional. However, one thing to pay attention that there is no such thing as the perfect golf swing as there is only a perfect golf swing for every player. As our bodies were made differently, so should our mentality in swinging a golf club. By adhering to basic principles and practicing everyday, anyone can get perfection and hit the ball onto the green every single time.
Here are six basic principles that can help you get the mechanics of your golf swing properly.
1. Alignment is vital in hitting your target square. The primary concept behind a suitable golf swing is hitting the ball dead center, which means that alignment is very important basic in a proper golf swing.
2. Always keep your eyes at what you are trying to hit. This has got to be the most ignored rule as it seems so simple. However, this definitely is the very significant rule to keep in mind as you have to see what you are supposed to hit in the first place the actually hit. This is all about common sense, so do it.
3. Make sure that you have a comfortable stance that will let you turn your body in the most effortless way possible. Think of your spine as an axis and find your center of gravity by pushing your backside out. Once you achieve that comfortable stance, then you should have less problems.
4. Be patient and keep your mind focused on your goal. Do this by thinking smoothly and having your feet planted firmly on the ground. This is not about what happens next or what you did in the past. This is about the present, and you should always focus on what is now to achieve anything significant in the future. This way, you can get proper rhythm in your golf swing.
5. Humming a rhythm can help you keep your mind away from the golf swing and more on hitting the ball. These two things sound similar, but there is a fundamental difference. Thinking about the golf swing is a complication as it is more about technical aspects of the game, while hitting the ball is just the basic concept that the game is about.
6. A good way of thinking is “sweep” for woods and “pinch” for irons. This may sound strange, but it can help you with your game as these are how clubs are designed. An iron is supposed to pinch the ball off the ground, while a driver is supposed to sweep it off the tee.
Keeping things simple is the method to go as it helps you focus on the details that really matter without making you panic when you do commit a mistake. Fear and lack of self confidence are the enemies of a golfer.